A list of thirteen things: 13 purple flowered plants blooming now in my garden
1. Both Salvia sylvestris ‘May Night’ and Salvia verticillata ‘Purple Rain’ sage.
2. Lavender – I think it’s Lavandula x intermedia ‘Provence’.
3. Perovskia atriplicifolia (Russian sage).
4. Buddleia davidii ‘Ellen’s Blue’, the only butterfly bush that’s survived here for more than two years; this is year five. Two Buddleia davidii ‘Mongo’ (Nanho Blue) plants and one Buddleia davidii ‘Monum’ (Nanho Purple) didn’t make it. This butterfly bush is just in bud.
5. Agastache foeniculum (Anise hyssop) just starting to get going. They self-seed everywhere.
6. Echinops bannaticus (blue globe-thistle), which also self-seeds everywhere.
7. Prunella vulgaris (selfheal or heal-all), all over the lawn.
8. A couple of perennial geraniums, ‘Rozanne’ and another one whose variety is unknown to me, probably bought untagged from a plant sale.
9. Verbena hastata (blue vervain or swamp vervain). The plants are 5-6 feet tall.
10. Monarda didyma ‘Petite Delight’, sort of pink, sort of purple.
11. Hosta buds and flowers, top two unknown variety, bottom ‘Loyalist’.
12. This tiny volunteer, some kind of Epilobium (willow-herb), appearing in a few places around the yard, a very pale purple.
13. Veronicastrum virginicum ‘Fascination’ in the sunlight. The back border is full of them and the bees, butterflies, and other pollinators love them.
Featured image: veronicastrum in back border.
New Thursday 13 meme
Loved all of these flowers, but #13 is my favorite. Love anything that attracts the insects.